Greetings, my pretties!
The first day of fall is right around the corner, which means it won’t be long until the Witches of Delray take flight! Here are a few more details on our new route:
- As previously announced, the Witches of Delray have a brand new route! That’s right! The city of Delray Beach has given us exclusive rights to an entirely seaside flight.
- Our route now starts at Anchor Park and flies east to AIA via Casuarina Rd., north to George Bush Blvd., and back along A1A, ending again at Anchor Park for our post-flight awards and shenanigans. See the updated map below.
- A1A will be closed to all vehicular traffic from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Parking locations include:
- Sandoway Lot: Approximately 90 spots of metered parking (Metered parking starts at 8 a.m.)
- Gleason Lot: Approximately 35 spaces of metered parking
- West half of Ingram Lot: There are approximately 20 metered spaces on the west half of the lot. The right half of the lot is reserved for the Sandoway House. Be sure to follow the signage.
- The First Presbyterian Church of Delray Beach has graciously offered their lot for this event, which has approximately 110 spots. To ensure they will continue to be generous in future years, please plan on leaving the lot by 10 a.m.
- There is no parking available at Achor Park as it will be used for ride registration, bicycle safety checks, event staff parking, and staging our flight.
- Witches arrive by 7 a.m., with takeoff promptly at 8 a.m.
Other things to remember:
- The Witches Safety Precheck (WSP) is available at Richwagen Bike and Sport, 298 NE 6th Ave., Delray Beach, FL 33483, until October 25, 2023. Take your bike to Richwagen, and their mechanics will look it over for free and give it clearance for flight day! There will be a charge if your bike needs any supplies or services.
- Tickets are flying out fast! Don’t forget, we usually sell out, and ticket prices go up to $75 on October 2nd, so get your tickets soon.
- Don’t forget, you can register for your Brew tables on the same registration page as the flight.
Here is the updated map showing all the parking locations: