- Windy Forcast: Tie it down
- Ride Details and two important map
- Witch Ride Rules
MisinformationHas a witch got questions? Please be aware that there is a lot of misinformation flying around about the details of our 2023 12th Annual Witch Ride on Saturday, October 28th. Some media outlets are reporting last year’s details. The only reliable source of information, including maps, is this page.
Windy Forcast: Tie it downThe forecast is sunny but calls for winds up to 20 mph out of the east, so we’ll be dealing with a sidewind. Tie down those decorations and hats. Tap the image below to see a video of how to tie your hat down.
- The ride BEGINS and ENDS at Anchor Park.
- There is NO vehicular parking at Anchor Park. A1A is closed. There is NO parking along the street. Please park at a nearby public parking lot and ride your bike to the park. (See map below.)
- There is additional parking and room for trailers bringing multiple bikes at The First Presbyterian Church, 33 Gleason St, Delray Beach, FL 33483
- Arrive at 7 a.m. or earlier to check in and get in line. Take off promptly at 8:00 a.m.
- Check in at the Achievement Center tent when you arrive at the park.
- Water and bathrooms are available at Anchor Park.
Two Important Maps
Getting to Anchor Park/ParkingThere is no parking at Anchor Park, which is reserved for the event. Please see the following map for parking options. Parking are fees required after 8 a.m.
Arriving at Anchor Park
AfterpartyDel Fuego has offered to open early (10:00 a.m.) for the Witches of Delray afterparty. They’ve even prepared a special menu for the festivities. Join Alpha Witch and your fellow riders to celebrate this year’s ride and the funds we raised for the Achievement Centers for Children and Families.
Witch Ride Rules
- Bicycles only. No scooters, golf carts, or rollerblades. Tandem bikes, e-bikes, and tricycle bikes are okay.
- Riders must be 18 years of age unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. Riders 14 years and up may ride if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian AND a parental waiver is signed by a legal parent or guardian. By law, riders under the age of 16 MUST wear a helmet and will be turned away if not wearing a helmet. Alpha Witch decorates a helmet with a witch hat to set a good example.
- Do not use phones or cameras while riding. The road, other riders, pedestrians, etc., should have your full attention.
- Only one rider per bike. No children in child bicycle seats or carriers will be permitted.
- No pets.
- Stay entirely out of the oncoming lane. Although we have the entire street, you will meet witches as they are returning. As you approach the turn-around, you will be funneled down to single-file to safely turn around.
- Make sure costumes and bike decorations do not interfere with safe bicycle operation. An optional free bicycle safety check is provided on the morning of the race by Richwagen’s Bike & Sport and the Delray Beach Bike Club to ensure the safety of our coven.
- Do not follow other riders too closely. Riders may have to stop quickly due to unexpected.
- road hazards, and you will need time to stop safely.
- Be courteous and aware of vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Remember, we are representatives of our community and the Witches of Delray.
- This is a slow parade, not a race. Do not pass the Alpha Witch.
- Do not hand out candy.
Come FLY with the Witches of Delray!
Magic was definitely in the air at our Brew Friday night at Tim Finnegan’s Irish pub. Lisa Walsh and her incredible staff did it again! Thank you to Spirit Well Sensory Lounge for providing Tarot card and tea leaf readers. Our 9th annual Witches Brew was one for the books! The pictures are still coming in; we’ll get them to you as they arrive.
For now, let’s check our crystal balls to see how the ride is shaping up and talk about logistics.
Flight Day instructions:
There is NO PARKING at Anchor Park. Refer to the 2023 Witch Ride map for parking locations.
Arrive on your bike at the north exit of Anchor Park. The “entrance” is reserved for lifeguard staff, so we’ll enter via the Anchor Park “exit.” Follow volunteer instructions and signs to the Achievement Center tent south of the stage. Check in, then go to the bicycle safety check if you need to. If you do not need a safety check, leave out of the north entrance of Anchor Park and head to the corner of Casuarina Rd. and A1A to get lined up for take-off. Stay in the RIGHT lane when lining up on Casuarina Rd.
Take off is 8 a.m. Please get in line as soon as possible so we can take off promptly at 8. When you hear Alpha blow her air horn, get on your bike and be ready to ride.
The route proceeds north on A1A. Witches must stay in the RIGHT lane. Do not pass; this is not a race, and Alpha keeps a leisurely pace. The flight turns and heads back southbound on A1A to Anchor Park. Stay in your lane to avoid collisions with witches in the oncoming lane.
We have a treacherously tight U-turn at the north end of our route. Follow the stanchions, barricades, and volunteer instructions to funnel down to single file for tun. Stay SINGLE FILE in the turn. There is little room to turn, and our brooms will be decorated. USE CAUTION, stay aware. We don’t want to be in a hurry and have a rider pile-up.
Follow Alpha and Beta southbound to Anchor Park. Stay in the RIGHT lane, as we will be heading into oncoming riders in the opposite lane. Do not pass; this is a parade and not a race. Arrive at Anchor Park for contests and shenanigans.
If you’ve not seen our rider safety videos for this event, please have a look at the following videos:
We’ll have more details flying at you so stay tuned.
That’s right! It’s time for our annual Witches Brew happy hour kickoff party at Tim Finnegan’s Irish Pub on Friday, October 20th, 2023, from 6 to 9 (and beyond).
One of my favorite nights of the witchy season! Shivery libations, crafty cocktails, games, prize raffles, and quality time with our favorite ghoulfriends! We have so much in store for you! Here’s the shortlist.
Silent Auction: Bid Online or at the Brew
While the final round of bidding will end at the Brew, set your sights on some wickedly clever auction items by biddind early or just the auction items online here: https://accffl2023.ggo.bid/bidding/package-browse
Card and Tea Leaf Readers at the Brew
Starting at 6:30 p.m., Spirit Well Sensory Lounge is a healing space and a collective of practitioners offering a variety of sensory-based modalities both in person and remotely. They host intimate gatherings to unite our community around thought-provoking conversation and wellness.
This year, they are again joining us at the Brew with two exceptional intuitive practitioners!
Want guidance through Tarot? See Amelia Laiacona – $35 for 20 minutes. Amelia uses life experience, intuition, and tarot to connect spirit seekers with their inner guides. She specializes in helping you sort out your life direction, relationships, or career so you can find peace, happiness, and purpose.
Looking for a glimpse into your future? See Collete Doyle for a tea leaf reading: $35 for 20 minutes. Collette will gaze into your cup of tea and share the major themes she sees in your life through the shapes in the tea leaves. So much magic awaits you at this year’s Witches Brew happy hour kick-off party! Get swept up in all the fun!
New Brew-Exclusive Merch!
We have new “We Fly Seaside” tees and tanks. Ride the sky in style! Witches of Delray style!
Table Decorating Contest
Our Toil and Trouble table decorating contest is back again this year! Sip your cocktails in spooktacular style and see whose flare delivers the most scare! All decorations for the toil and trouble tables must be temporary. No permanent inks, paints, or glues can be used
Best Dressed at the Brew Contest!
You always dress your witchy best for the brew, and this year we will award you for it! Dig into your magical closet, conjure up your best witchy style, and make your entrance! We can’t wait to experience your magic.
If you need some inspiration, check out this video to get a peek into Alpha’s closet:
Our Witches Brew Happy Hour kick-off party at Tim Finnegans is Friday, October 20th, 2023, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Lots of giveaways, raffles, a silent auction, a table decorating contest, and much, much more! Proceeds benefit Achievement Centers for Children & Families Come out and kick back with the coven. There’s no limit to the fun when we brew together!
Come FLY (seaside) with the Witches of Delray!
Greetings, my pretties!
Let the witchy games begin. We know you’ve been patiently waiting for our October events to start, and the time is finally here. Starting this week, we have magical events lined up for you weekly until the end of the month!
- This Wednesday, October 11th, is Witchy Triva at Tim Finnegan’s Irish Pub, 2885 S Federal Hwy, Delray Beach, FL 33483. Hosted by the Quiz master himself, JR Miller! His knowledge of all things witchy is spooky! He never ceases to stump us witches with his trivia talents. Put on those thinking caps under your witch hats (no spell casting allowed) and join the coven for a frightfully good time at the pub. The quiz starts at 7:30 p.m. Martini and muscle specials. Grab a ticket to win a 26’ Huffy Beach cruiser broom (bike) and other prizes.
- Saturday, October 14th, 11:00 a.m., the second annual Witchy Walk in the Garden hosted by Beta Witch at Sandoway Discovery Center 142 S Ocean Blvd, Delray Beach, FL 33483. Raised in Delray, Beta Witch (Tricia McFadden) has been passionate about gardening and the beauty of nature from a young age. Starting as a volunteer at the Sandoway Discovery Center garden in October 2020, she focused on butterfly gardening, nurturing species like monarchs, swallowtails, and skippers. In 2022, she introduced the Witchy Walk, merging the wonders of nature with the Witches of Delray coven’s energies. Her tour will showcase flowers, herbs, and plants that attract these beautiful insects and inspire others to invite these magical creatures into their gardens. Join us and receive a special surprise from Beta Witch to enhance your butterfly garden journey! Stay after our walk and tour the unique Sandoway Discovery Center. Meet sharks and other fish at the coral reef pool, explore Southeast Florida’s largest private shell collection, and more! Sandoway Discovery Center entry fee is $10. The garden tour is complementary.
- Friday, October 20th, 6:00 p.m. The 9th annual Witches Brew Happy Hour Kickoff party is at Tim Finnegans Irish Pub, 2885 S Federal Hwy, Delray Beach, FL 33483. So much fun at this special SOLD-OUT night with the coven! Lisa Walsh and her incredible staff know how to host a brew! You’ve got your ticket; now be a part of the magic! Enter to win a 26” Huffy Beach cruiser bike, a silent auction, brew exclusive merchandise, an appetizer buffet, signature cocktails, a table decorating contest, the Best Dressed at the Brew contest, tarot card readers, and more!
- Saturday, October 28th, is the 12th annual Witches of Delray Witch Ride. 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Our signature event witches! All new for 2023, the City of Delray Beach has given us an exclusive seaside flight pattern! Take the scenic route this year and fly seaside! Rider check-in, take-off, and landing at Anchor Park in Delray Beach. Immediately following, we will have our post-flight awards ceremony and shenanigans, where you can compete for best decorated broom (bicycle), best costume, best witch cackle, and best group. We SOLD OUT again for this wildly creative, enchanting morning in Delray Beach.
Stay tuned for more details coming your way!
Let’s BE the magic! The Witches of Delray.
We did it again! Another sold-out, magical flight! Time to get those brooms in tip-top shape! It’s almost time to fly!
** Please be cautious, as scammers offer tickets for sale on Facebook. Tickets can only be purchased through Achievement Centers for Children and Families.
The Brew at Tim Finnegans Irish Pub is almost sold out as well! We have limited seating available, so don’t delay. You don’t want to miss this special night with the coven.
- Silent auction
- Door prizes
- Tarot card and Tea leaf readers
- Photo booth
- Table decorating contest
- “Best Dressed at the Brew” contest
- Light bites buffet
- Signature cocktails and more!
Are you in the market for a brand-new broom? Once again, our Best Brewtender witch, Lisa Walsh, has generously donated this beautiful Huffy Beach Cruiser bicycle to be raffled off the evening of the brew. Stop into Tim Finnegans Irish Pub for a pint, or join us for witchy trivia on Wednesday, October 11th, at 7:30 and get your tickets in early. This is going to be a highly sought-after broom. Tickets are a $5.00 donation each or $5 for a $20.00 donation, with 100% of the proceeds going to the Achievement Centers for Children and Families.
Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to event day! You won’t want to miss any of the magic.
Greetings, my pretties!
October is almost here! It’s time to dust off those brooms, witches! It’s riding season! As usual, Beta and I have all kinds of fun events planned for you.
Important dates to remember:
- On Wednesday, October 11th, we have Witchy Trivia hosted by JR Miller at Tim Finnegan’s Irish Pub. 7:30 pm Come out, put your hats together, and see what answers we can pull from the collective! JR is a quiz master and constantly challenges even the most cunning witch! Drink specials, raffles, prizes, and more!
- Saturday, October 14th, the second annual Witchy Walk in the Garden, hosted by Beta Witch (Tricia McFadden) Sandoway Discovery Center at 11 a.m. Our Beta Witch volunteers in the garden at Sandoway. Her extensive knowledge of Florida native plants and butterflies is unmatched, and her love of the Sandoway garden shows in every bloom! Let her teach you about the magic of the butterfly in the garden. Stay and tour the Sandoway Discovery Center and see the sharks feeding! Admission to Sandoway House is $10. The garden tour is complimentary.
- Friday, October 20th, is Tim Finnegan’s Irish Pub’s 9th annual Witches Brew Happy Hour Kick-Off party. Witches love a good brew, and Lisa Walsh and her incredible staff know how to throw one! This is always such a fun night and a sell-out event. Enter to win a 26” Huffy Beach cruiser bike, a silent auction,door prizes, brew exclusive merchandise, an appetizer buffet, signature cocktails, a table decorating contest, the Best Dressed at the Brew contest, tarot card readers, and more! Kick back with the coven and enjoy the magic only Tim Finnegans Irish Pub could create! Get your tickets for the Toil and Trouble tables here—$40. Per person includes an appetizer buffet and one free drink. Tables that seat 2, 4, 6, and 8 are available. Don’t delay! We’re sure to sell out!
- Saturday, October 28th, is the 12th annual Witches of Delray Witch Ride. 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Our signature event witches! All new for 2023, the City of Delray Beach has given us an exclusive seaside flight pattern! Take the scenic route this year and fly seaside! Ride check-in, take off, and landing at Anchor Park in Delray Beach. Immediately following, we will have our post-flight awards ceremony and shenanigans, where you can compete for the best decorated broom (bicycle), best costume, best witch cackle, and best group. Don’t miss this wildly creative, enchanting morning in Delray Beach. Tickets are $50. Per person, $75. After October 1st. Get your tickets now! You won’t want to miss this magical flight!
Stay tuned as we get closer. The details will be flying your way!
Greetings, my pretties!
The first day of fall is right around the corner, which means it won’t be long until the Witches of Delray take flight! Here are a few more details on our new route:
- As previously announced, the Witches of Delray have a brand new route! That’s right! The city of Delray Beach has given us exclusive rights to an entirely seaside flight.
- Our route now starts at Anchor Park and flies east to AIA via Casuarina Rd., north to George Bush Blvd., and back along A1A, ending again at Anchor Park for our post-flight awards and shenanigans. See the updated map below.
- A1A will be closed to all vehicular traffic from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Parking locations include:
- Sandoway Lot: Approximately 90 spots of metered parking (Metered parking starts at 8 a.m.)
- Gleason Lot: Approximately 35 spaces of metered parking
- West half of Ingram Lot: There are approximately 20 metered spaces on the west half of the lot. The right half of the lot is reserved for the Sandoway House. Be sure to follow the signage.
- The First Presbyterian Church of Delray Beach has graciously offered their lot for this event, which has approximately 110 spots. To ensure they will continue to be generous in future years, please plan on leaving the lot by 10 a.m.
- There is no parking available at Achor Park as it will be used for ride registration, bicycle safety checks, event staff parking, and staging our flight.
- Witches arrive by 7 a.m., with takeoff promptly at 8 a.m.
Other things to remember:
- The Witches Safety Precheck (WSP) is available at Richwagen Bike and Sport, 298 NE 6th Ave., Delray Beach, FL 33483, until October 25, 2023. Take your bike to Richwagen, and their mechanics will look it over for free and give it clearance for flight day! There will be a charge if your bike needs any supplies or services.
- Tickets are flying out fast! Don’t forget, we usually sell out, and ticket prices go up to $75 on October 2nd, so get your tickets soon.
- Don’t forget, you can register for your Brew tables on the same registration page as the flight.
Here is the updated map showing all the parking locations:
It’s that time of year, my pretties! Our 12th annual Witch Ride benefiting Achievement Centers for Children and Families is just two months away, and Alpha Witch is here with a big announcement!
This year, the Witches of Delray are introducing an all-new, entirely seaside route! That’s right, witches, our flight plan has changed! Click the map below to see the new route.
Tickets for our flight are $50 per rider and go on sale this Monday, August 28th, at 10 a.m. And as if that wasn’t exciting enough, our new safer route means MORE witches! Yes, we’ve added 100 extra spaces this year! What’s better than 300 witches? MORE witches! Please get your tickets fast, as we are sure to sell out!
Tickets for our 9th annual Witches Brew Happy Hour kickoff at Tim Finnegan’s Irish Pub also go on sale Monday. You can sign up now to secure your Toil and Trouble table for you and your favorite ghouls to decorate and win our table decorating contest. (Availability is limited.)
Rider check-in and staging will take place at Anchor Park, as our new route will be from Casuarina Road to George Bush Boulevard and back along scenic A1A, with our post-ride shenanigans and contests being held at Anchor Park.
Official Witches of Delray Merch will be available for purchase at the brew. New this year: T-shirts, tank tops, and hats featuring our new hashtag, #weflyseaside.
More details are coming soon!
Come FLY (seaside) with the Witches of Delray.