Greetings, my pretties!
October is almost here! It’s time to dust off those brooms, witches! It’s riding season! As usual, Beta and I have all kinds of fun events planned for you.
Important dates to remember:
- On Wednesday, October 11th, we have Witchy Trivia hosted by JR Miller at Tim Finnegan’s Irish Pub. 7:30 pm Come out, put your hats together, and see what answers we can pull from the collective! JR is a quiz master and constantly challenges even the most cunning witch! Drink specials, raffles, prizes, and more!
- Saturday, October 14th, the second annual Witchy Walk in the Garden, hosted by Beta Witch (Tricia McFadden) Sandoway Discovery Center at 11 a.m. Our Beta Witch volunteers in the garden at Sandoway. Her extensive knowledge of Florida native plants and butterflies is unmatched, and her love of the Sandoway garden shows in every bloom! Let her teach you about the magic of the butterfly in the garden. Stay and tour the Sandoway Discovery Center and see the sharks feeding! Admission to Sandoway House is $10. The garden tour is complimentary.
- Friday, October 20th, is Tim Finnegan’s Irish Pub’s 9th annual Witches Brew Happy Hour Kick-Off party. Witches love a good brew, and Lisa Walsh and her incredible staff know how to throw one! This is always such a fun night and a sell-out event. Enter to win a 26” Huffy Beach cruiser bike, a silent auction,door prizes, brew exclusive merchandise, an appetizer buffet, signature cocktails, a table decorating contest, the Best Dressed at the Brew contest, tarot card readers, and more! Kick back with the coven and enjoy the magic only Tim Finnegans Irish Pub could create! Get your tickets for the Toil and Trouble tables here—$40. Per person includes an appetizer buffet and one free drink. Tables that seat 2, 4, 6, and 8 are available. Don’t delay! We’re sure to sell out!
- Saturday, October 28th, is the 12th annual Witches of Delray Witch Ride. 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Our signature event witches! All new for 2023, the City of Delray Beach has given us an exclusive seaside flight pattern! Take the scenic route this year and fly seaside! Ride check-in, take off, and landing at Anchor Park in Delray Beach. Immediately following, we will have our post-flight awards ceremony and shenanigans, where you can compete for the best decorated broom (bicycle), best costume, best witch cackle, and best group. Don’t miss this wildly creative, enchanting morning in Delray Beach. Tickets are $50. Per person, $75. After October 1st. Get your tickets now! You won’t want to miss this magical flight!
Stay tuned as we get closer. The details will be flying your way!
Greetings, my pretties!
The first day of fall is right around the corner, which means it won’t be long until the Witches of Delray take flight! Here are a few more details on our new route:
- As previously announced, the Witches of Delray have a brand new route! That’s right! The city of Delray Beach has given us exclusive rights to an entirely seaside flight.
- Our route now starts at Anchor Park and flies east to AIA via Casuarina Rd., north to George Bush Blvd., and back along A1A, ending again at Anchor Park for our post-flight awards and shenanigans. See the updated map below.
- A1A will be closed to all vehicular traffic from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Parking locations include:
- Sandoway Lot: Approximately 90 spots of metered parking (Metered parking starts at 8 a.m.)
- Gleason Lot: Approximately 35 spaces of metered parking
- West half of Ingram Lot: There are approximately 20 metered spaces on the west half of the lot. The right half of the lot is reserved for the Sandoway House. Be sure to follow the signage.
- The First Presbyterian Church of Delray Beach has graciously offered their lot for this event, which has approximately 110 spots. To ensure they will continue to be generous in future years, please plan on leaving the lot by 10 a.m.
- There is no parking available at Achor Park as it will be used for ride registration, bicycle safety checks, event staff parking, and staging our flight.
- Witches arrive by 7 a.m., with takeoff promptly at 8 a.m.
Other things to remember:
- The Witches Safety Precheck (WSP) is available at Richwagen Bike and Sport, 298 NE 6th Ave., Delray Beach, FL 33483, until October 25, 2023. Take your bike to Richwagen, and their mechanics will look it over for free and give it clearance for flight day! There will be a charge if your bike needs any supplies or services.
- Tickets are flying out fast! Don’t forget, we usually sell out, and ticket prices go up to $75 on October 2nd, so get your tickets soon.
- Don’t forget, you can register for your Brew tables on the same registration page as the flight.
Here is the updated map showing all the parking locations:
It’s that time of year, my pretties! Our 12th annual Witch Ride benefiting Achievement Centers for Children and Families is just two months away, and Alpha Witch is here with a big announcement!
This year, the Witches of Delray are introducing an all-new, entirely seaside route! That’s right, witches, our flight plan has changed! Click the map below to see the new route.
Tickets for our flight are $50 per rider and go on sale this Monday, August 28th, at 10 a.m. And as if that wasn’t exciting enough, our new safer route means MORE witches! Yes, we’ve added 100 extra spaces this year! What’s better than 300 witches? MORE witches! Please get your tickets fast, as we are sure to sell out!
Tickets for our 9th annual Witches Brew Happy Hour kickoff at Tim Finnegan’s Irish Pub also go on sale Monday. You can sign up now to secure your Toil and Trouble table for you and your favorite ghouls to decorate and win our table decorating contest. (Availability is limited.)
Rider check-in and staging will take place at Anchor Park, as our new route will be from Casuarina Road to George Bush Boulevard and back along scenic A1A, with our post-ride shenanigans and contests being held at Anchor Park.
Official Witches of Delray Merch will be available for purchase at the brew. New this year: T-shirts, tank tops, and hats featuring our new hashtag, #weflyseaside.
More details are coming soon!
Come FLY (seaside) with the Witches of Delray.